I have been tagged and also been decorated with some really heartening and flattering words by One Loved American Girl (you can look her up at http://onelovedamericangirl.com) who is the mom I would, one day, love to become.
And for once in my life, I have been assigned home-work that I actually look forward to doing 😉
The rules of the game are:
You must post the rules.
Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create eleven new questions to ask the people you have tagged.
Tag eleven people and link them to your post.
And, let them know you have tagged them.
Here are the questions set for me:
1.If you could have dinner with anyone living, deceased, famous or not who would they be?
My grandmother. She died when I was about three and I have only vague memories of her. My aunt and my mother tell me that as a child, I used to like her the best and also that I used to call her ‘amma‘ (which is Malayalam for mom). I wish I could collect a few more memories of her.
2. Are you a happy person?
No. I’m, rarely happy. but when I am happy, I am really happy and act like I’m on a never-ending high which ends all-too-soon and then, I usually droop for quite a while before my next stretch of happiness.
3. What brings you the most peace on a stressed out day?
Talking it through with a close pal who’ll understand exactly how I feel and who can do the fine balancing act of soothing me and yet stop short of pitying me.
4. What one accomplishment of your life has most defined you?
Well, I’m not sure whether this can be called an accomplishment but going by the amount of happiness it has brought me, I would certainly call it an accomplishment- my blog. I have, for quite a few years now, dreamt of being a writer and now, I seem to be living that dream out, even if in a small way.
5. If you can begin any charity for any cause what would it be?
Start a school that teaches the ‘children of a lesser god’ for free, even better, pays the parents for sending the children to school.
6. What is your favorite go to dish when having company over?
Well, I seldom have any company over, but on the few occasions that I did, I have relied upon an apple-mayo salad which is impossible to mess up 🙂
7. What is your favorite scent?
The smell of freshly laundered clothes.
8. What one kitchen item could you not live without (forks and plates are not an option )
The tawa that I use to make dosas.
9. What is your favorite book?
Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
10. What inspired you to start blogging?
My friends, Ashley, Varsha and Hima did. I shared a few poems that I had scribbled with V and H and they both encouraged me to start a blog and share it with a wider audience. And Ashley, for some inexplicable reason, seemed to believe I could write even when I had shared none of my scribbles with him.
Now, I would like to tag:
maggiemayijustsaythis (http://maggiemaeijustsaythis.wordpress.com/)- for her amazing ability to infuse moods into her poetry
Boundaries of the Soul (http://njpsychdoc.wordpress.com/)- for sharing valuable insights into the human psyche
I AM NOT DEFINED (http://iamnotdefined.wordpress.com/)- well, let me not define her; hope it’ll suffice if I say I like her 🙂
dewdrop-world (http://dewdrop-world.blogspot.in/)- for managing to juggle an extremely demanding job with life and cooking and travel and writing and thus sharing bits of her life with us
The Evolution of Eloquence (http://theevolutionofeloquence.wordpress.com/)- for the way he loves his words
And here’s what I would like them to answer:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. Who’s your favourite author and which book by that author do you like best?
3. Do you identify with (or wish you were) a fictional character? Who is that?
4. What’s your all-time-favourite food?
5. What’s your favourite colour? Has it always been your favourite?
6. Do you experience/Have you experienced mood-swings? How do you help / how have you helped yourself out of it?
7. What’s your favourite holiday spot?
8. Do you have any favourite word in the English language? Which one is it?
9. Which of your posts do you like best?
10. Is there any trait/attitude/quality that is an instant turn-on for you? Do share.
11. Have you ever written about a crush you had? If yes, please share the post/s.
I can hardly wait for the answers 🙂